The Toronto Prelude Club will be holding a track day at Mosport Driver's Development Track on Sunday, September 13, 2009.
Cost will be $160 for lapping only. The cost for spectators and/or guests who want to join us in the AYCE (and drink) BBQ lunch is $10. As always, lappers are already included for the lunch.
EMTthe money to GrantTPC@sympatico.ca
Green = Paid , Orange = Payment in transit
- Brian (GreyWyvern)
- Dave (yaRS)
- Alan (Fuman)
- Ming's Guest #1 - Mazda3
- Ming's Guest #2 - Civic SI
- Ming's Guest -#3 Audi S4
- Ming's Guest #4 - WRX
- Rob (Douglas' guest)
- Peter (RT Guest #1)
- Miguel (RT Guest #2)
- Crispin (CASC)
- Lloyd's Guest x 4
- Yar's guest x 2
- Alan's Type-F
- DZ + Mei
- Ming + Florence
- KnightMarauder + 1
- Peter's guest x 2
- Malereka's guest x 2
- Kev + 1
TPC – Track Day Rules & Schedule
Motor sports including Lapping days are dangerous and you do so at your own risk!
Safety is our Number 1 concern – everyone will have fun as long as it is a safe day. Please pay attention to the starter and flaggers. Helmets & seat belts must be worn while on the track. Passengers are allowed only at the discretion of the Organizer. Passengers must have signed the waiver and must wear helmets and seat belts.
* Stay with your group – pay attention to the schedule – if you are not scheduled to be on track – stay off.
* Do NOT enter the track until the Starter gives you the “Go” signal.
* Your run is over when you receive the checkered flag – you then have 1 “cool off” lap.
* If you “spin off” (4 wheels off) the track – return to the track surface only when safe to do so. Stay off the racing line and slowly return to the pits – have your car inspected for safety.
* If you spin off a second time (twice) – you are finished for the day. You are too aggressive & a danger to others.
* Drive slowly on all other parts of Mosport DDT – skid pad etc. as there are people walking around.
Aggressive driving will NOT be tolerated – No Passing without proper signal. Do NOT follow too closely!
1. Passing ONLY allowed on back straight and Pit straight. NO PASSING in corners!
2. Car being passed must: A. Signal it wants to be passed, B. pull off line and C. slow down
3. Car wanting to pass must NOT pass unless those 3 conditions are met.
READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
This posting will outline a few things you will need to do to prepare yourself and your vehicle for the day.
- Your car must be roadworthy - If you don't think your car will pass a safety inspection don't bring it. You will be endanager others as well as yourself..
-You MUST have a helmet if you plan on going on the track/ Drivers and Passengers. There may be a couple of loaners but don't count on it.
- Remove everything that is loose from your car including stuff in the trunk - i.e.: Golf clubs, stuff in map pockets, empty coffee cups on the floor, loose CD's or tapes, misc. junk - Basically anything that is not bolted to your vehicle ..or bring a bin or box to put this stuff in when you arrive at Shannoville. Don't forget to check under your seats. When you arrive it would be a good idea to remove your floor mats as well.
- Make sure the fluid levels in your car are at the proper level. If you are close to an oil change and have time you might as well do that.
- For people that are new at this... inflate your front tires to around 40 psi and the rears about 2psi less (I know the car manual says around 32-34 psi but trust me) .. USE A TIRE GAUGE. The integrated ones on the pumps at the gas station can be off by as much as 5 psi. Somebody will bring up a small compressor but it takes forever to pump up the tires. Make sure the spare tire is inflated as well.
- Make sure your wheel nuts are torqued tight. They should be at 80 ft/lbs (for Preludes)
- Clean the inside of your windows - (outside too) better yet wash your car.
- Wear flat comfortable shoes with thin soles. Ladies - no heels or clunky soles. Treetorns are actually pretty good - or volleyball shoes. You want to be able to feel your pedals.
- Wear comfortable clothes - you will be in your car for several hours and besides there is no fashion at the track.
- Fill your tank with gas. You may want to bring an extra tank to fill up while at the track.
- We are having a BBQ between 12:00pm- 3:00pm . If you have not paid for this then let us know you are interested and we'll buy food for you.
- Bring lots of drinking WATER!!!
- Guys with VTEC engines - bring at least a litre of engine oil - and make sure to use it if needed!
- Students, bring a camping chair as the portables sometimes do not have enough chairs. Lappers, bring one as well if you want to sit and watch in some sort of comfort
- If you have a FRS radio bring it along it might come in handy (Use 12 main/15 sub- that's the TPC birthday)
- If you have a small air compressor bring it along
- Umbrella in case it rains (pray for sun) and bring a HAT and Sunscreen
IMPORTANT TIMES !
08:00 - Pre-meet at Milestones Parking Lot (Jack Astor's lot is blocked off) at Scarborough Town Center
08:15 - Leave for Mosport
9::45 - Driver's meeting (all lappers MUST attend this)
10:00 - Lapping starts
12:30 - BBQ starts
17:00 - Lapping ends
401 East, Exit 431 and go north on HWY 57 for about 20 minutes then go east on Regional Road 20. When 20 starts turning left make sure you exit right (entrance to mosport).
Please park your car away from the pit lanes. You must sign in when you arrive. Everybody on the grounds must sign the waiver.