Thread: 98 Prelude Driver Power window dead, need help

Unhappy 98 Prelude Driver Power window dead, need help

Driver power window not working? Driver side Power on>Passenger side work on its side, won't work from Diver switch?Power off > Passenger side wont work on passenger side switch.
    Check all fuses>all good; replaced driver side whole switch console with another one( bought from a guy who had it working on his car> same problem> apply direct current to driver side regulator, window open and close> no problem with window regulator
    Question wonder it is a faulty system unit-multiplex control Part# 38800 S30 A02> locate on the back side of the main fuses box next to Clutch pedal? Any suugestion or help or link will be appreciated

Re: 98 Prelude Driver Power window dead, need help

rephrase... lost me...
    check ground or power going to the switch.. see if your getting it from the "multiplex control part ...." should be power if im not mistaken that the multiplex controlls...
    check resistance from the multiplex controll to the motor/switch .. should be continuity
    but from what your saying you cant open any windows from the master switch correct?
    if the master switch is good then most likely broken wires... check the harness going through the door usually a weak point since doors constantly moving..

Thanks for your response/help DjSrv..
    Correct I could not open both ( driver & Passenger window ) from driver master switch. But I could open passenger window from Passenger side switch..
    Which is the ground or power wire ( color code ??) to the master switch from Multiplex control.
    Window work when applied direct power to it..so not motor issue, and not master switch as I had tried 2 master swiches..
    Checking Harness wires will be pain in the butt if there is no wire code to check which is suppose to be ground, power between msater swich & multiplex control as you had explained...
    Will try to check power from multiplex control...
    I was hoping to replace the multiplex control, to see it solve the problem> but cannot able to get one..
    Thanks DjSrv

i dont have a wiring diagram and not sure which wire is for what to be honnest..
    id just look for broken wires in the harness..
    or open the door 1/2 way and move the harness while pressing the master switch buttons...
    the multiplex is probably pretty expensive and may not solve your issue.. if you can grab one for cheap then go ahead but id be more inclined to say its a wiring issue rather then the multiplex giong.. and even if that were the case a wiring issue could have caused the M/P unit to go out so id definately check the wiring first before you waste the money on one...

I am having the same problem where the driver master switch cannot open both windows, but the passenger switch can open passenger window.

Darrusalam, did you find out the root cause of the problem? What was the solution?

I'm also having the same issue! Everywhere I've looked, people post the same problem but nobody has responded or given any answer/insight.

I can say that this just started happening the day after I replaced some sidemarker lights and interior lights with LED light.

Semper, check the harness going through the door and see if there are any crimped wires there....

Quote Originally Posted by Thusee View Post
    Semper, check the harness going through the door and see if there are any crimped wires there....
    I'll check more carefully later today because I believe that's exactly the problem.

Tested a new master switch (which I drove all the way out to Brampton to get...I live in Ajax) and sadly it wasn't the fix. Figuring it had to be the harness, I started pinching the rubber boot in the door hinge, and had a second of life to one of the windows.

Is there a way to slide that rubber boot down without having to cut it open or take the door off? I'm sure it's one wire that snapped or something - I just need that rubber boot off/down so I can see

not sure how the boot is on these cars but pretty sure it's just in there on a groove you will just need to pop it out and disconnect it from either the door or the pillar and slide it off....