Thread: OFFICIAL: CEPM 2017 - Saturday, July 8, 2017

...alwayz talked about infamouz's Avatar

OFFICIAL: CEPM 2017 - Saturday, July 8, 2017

LAST UPDATED: April 6, 2017 - CONSTANTLY CHECK THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES!

LUDE-A-CRUISE: CANADIAN EASTERN PRELUDE MEET 2017

OFFICIAL DATE: JULY 8, 2017
    RAINDATE: JULY 15, 2017

** Last year we had issues with individuals acting like jerks at a couple of our cruises - causing problems and getting the attention of the OPP. Please be advised, if actions like that were to continue, you will get banned from the group and increase the chances of terminating future cruises. Only share these posts with real enthusiasts and mature individuals. Provide them with the link to this thread - it's a forum after all, any and every question can be answered here as well. Aiming for QUALITY not QUANTITY! **

I noticed that certain sections along the 401 had construction. I want to avoid all traffic and problems to the best of my knowledge so the TIMES have been changed. This will also give individuals from Quebec City and St. Catherines a chance to get home without being overly exhausted or caught in any traffic. Hope you guys understand!

SCARBOROUGH ROLLOUT: 9:00AM

BELLEVILLE MEETUP (LUNCH): 12:00PM – 2:00PM

MAIN CRUISE: 2:00PM

MADOC RECREATION CENTER MEETUP: 3:30PM

KINGSTON MEETUP: 6:00PM

CRUISE BACK WITH CREW (you can come back anytime): 8:00 – 9:00PM (AFTER DINNER)

These times are adjusted so people have enough time to get there. I didn't want people driving out there early with lack of sleep and also wanted to give you guys time to grab breakfast/lunch. May be subject to change!

OUTLINE:
    Preludes would meet in Belleville, ON and we will all cruise to Kingston, ON where the final meet up will occur. Unless you live in one of those two places, the distance & timing is pretty much the same for everyone coming from the three main cities (Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal). I know it’s a much further drive for people coming from Quebec City ---- if you guys would just like to meet up in Kingston or work something out, please do. We hope you would join us.

Important Notes:
    - I’ve changed up the route for 2017 to have something different compared to previous years
    - The actual cruise is about a minimum of 146km (~2.5 hours)
    - We will be stopping at a recreation centre to park our cars, get pictures, look at other preludes, talk, etc.
    - Please refrain from opening your hood, checking out the cars in Belleville. This usually takes too much time. We will allocate the meet up at the recreation center specifically for that.
    - We will then cruise to Kingston after an hour or so

ROUTES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

I might be doing a quick run through when the weather gets good just to make sure things are ok. I've made sure that this route does not encounter a lot of intersections to avoid losing the pack.

Most of the back roads are one lane. However, this is why I squeezed in some highway driving so we can capture the beauty of all the ludes hogging up the lanes.

Prelude communities:
    Try and arrange your own sub meets to gather preludes for your own cruise to Belleville.

TORONTONIANS:
    We will be departing from the East-end meet up location (Scarborough). There will also be a west-end meet up in Mississauga. There will be a few pit stops from Scarborough to Belleville; if anyone gets lost, or happens to be far out east….you can meet us up at one of them. Pit stops will be 10-15 mins long and are outlined below (look at pics).

Before the Cruise:
    - Fill up your tank! – Last thing you want….is to run out of gas in the middle and loose the pack
    - Check your tires – make sure they are properly inflated
    - Detail your car if you want
    - Make sure you got a drink or two
    - Bring cash for food/gas or what not
    - *Just make sure you have everything ready*

On the road:
    There’s no prize at the finish line.....means there's no point in flooring it (if you know what i mean ). We all got speed limits we gotta obey....and having a bunch of preludes cruise would already attract enough attention.....we certainly don't need a bunch of OPP cruising along with us. I'm not trying to ruin the "fun" for anyone....but seriously...you get my point.

Non-luders:
    If anyone wouldn't mind carrying an extra passenger...please let me know or mention it on the board when you're signing up. I might need a couple of cars to travel ahead of the pack and a couple behind or....driving inbetween for photography/video reasons!!! It would sure be great to capture the moment....so you guys are pretty much being relied on throughout the whole cruise.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELLEVILLE & LUNCH:

We will probably hang around Belleville for 1 – 2 hours: filling up the tank, getting food if needed, introducing one another, chilling and going over the route…..before the actual cruise. (showing off your car can wait till we get to Kingston, ON)

CRUISE:

We will be starting the cruise at Belleville, ON and drive north on Hwy 62 towards the Trans Canada highway. We will go east and meet up at the recreation centre in the city of Madoc. Afterwards, we will keep heading east on Trans Canada hwy until we reach Kaladar. We will then go south on Hwy 41 towards the 401. We can make a little pit stop here for people wanting to fill up their tank or grab a light snack. Afterwards, we will be making our way to Kings Crossing in Kingston, ON to meet other luders and have dinner.

@ KINGSTON:

We will be meeting up at a large plaza; Kings Crossing. It’s pretty much an outlet center with a hugeeee parking lot. This area pretty much has everything from restaurants, shopping centers, hotels and gas stations.

In the end, we should all just grab dinner together (maybe Boston Pizza? Pizza Pizza?). If you wanna choose to go elsewhere….please feel free to. From here we will be on our way home around 9:00pm giving people enough time to get back before they doze off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take this time to learn about preludes and ask members questions to increase your knowledge. If there are certain things you might need help with in terms of installing something or wondering about improving performance, this would be the time! This would also be a great time to check “For Sale” sections on prelude forums so they can bring it to the meet and you can avoid paying shipping costs (just putting it out there).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What else is there to say....
    - Just make sure to bring $$$ for food
    - Dress appropriately for weather
    - Avoid inappropriate activities
    - Have fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRUISE MAP

INFORMATION BELOW ARE FOR TORONTO MEMBERS ONLY!!!

WEST END MEETUP:

TIM HORTONS
    (Winston Churchill Blvd & Dundas St W)

TIME:

Cruise to East End Meet Up: 8:15 am (be here 15 mins early)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EAST END MEETUP:

1455 McCowan Road, Scarborough
    [McCowan & 401]

TIME:

Cruise to Belleville: @ 8:45am - 9:00am (be here 15 mins early)

PIT STOPS:

PORT HOPE -- TRENTON -- BELLEVILLE

Whitby pit stop will not happen. Anyone from Oshawa/Ajax/Whitby have two options:
    1. you can all meet up at that specific spot and merge onto Hwy 401 when we're close by (message me on the forum and I will provide a contact info)
    2. can meet us at the next onRoute pit stop

...alwayz talked about infamouz's Avatar

Re: OFFICIAL: CEPM 2017 - Saturday, July 8, 2017

Attendees:

Toronto & Southern Ontario:
    1. Infamouz - Visa

Montreal & Eastern Quebec:

Ottawa:

1. Infamouz - Visa
    2. Suren

Ottawa:

Où êtes des phoques? GreyWyvern's Avatar

1. Infamouz - Visa
    2. Suren
    3. GreyWyvern - Brian

Ottawa:

RIP: Fresco Blue Pearl 1992 Prelude S on Nov 14th, 2014 (370,000km) :: Current: Frost White 1992 Prelude S
    Summon the Pyramid :: :: LCHF

1. Infamouz - Visa
    2. Suren
    3. GreyWyvern - Brian
    4. Thusee & Priya

Ottawa: